Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 162 - Today I am grateful for....special dinners :-)

My girlfriend Ronnie invited me around for dinner tonight. OMG - it was amazing!



I've spent so much time at her house in recent weeks, for both good and sad reasons but none of them really to "catch up" catch up.

We spent hours making the amazing paper origami dress for the races. Each petal on her dress was hand folded and glued by our friend Aimee, myself and Ronnie. Although she missed out on the Fashions of the Field on the day, she very deservedly made it into the paper for her amazing design.



But last week, in the early hours of the morning, she called me very upset. Someone had stolen her brand new car OUT OF HER DRIVEWAY. WTF? Surely not? Surely to God, this poor girl has been through enough?

She lost everything during the floods in January, including her car, which was finally replaced a month ago. Her joy was short lived when some social degenerate decided to steal it.

Not only did they steal her car but they broke into 26 other vehicles in the Darling Heights area. Wankers.

And so ensued a massive CSI operation and she has basically handed the culprits to the police on a silver platter. In my opinion she should be made some kind of honorary policewoman or something - she did most of the hard work for them!

Unfortunately, not only was her vehicle stolen, but it was subsequently torched 3 days later.

In between all of this, she has had time to listen to me have a minor little meltdown and she felt bad for not knowing I was going through my own stuff. I felt more bad for not being able to keep myself together at the appropriate time!

It's been such a horrible couple of months for everyone, but especially her and I marvel constantly at how graciously she takes each of life's challenges that are thrown at her.

But tonight, I was really looking forward to just having a nice dinner with one of my best friends, just because.

Did I mention it was amazing??



Well it was.

And so is she.

Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment