Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 26 - Today I am grateful for....My Nail Tech, Amanda.

It was my fortnightly nail appointment today with my friend Amanda.

I'm not going lie, I'm a shocker with beauty.

Apart from the fact that I am no glamour and kind of see it as a waste of money when you have no palette or canvas to work with, really the only things I splurge on in life are my nails. I don't wear makeup, just mascara and lipstick. I've never dyed my hair in my life (once at the end of last year doesn't count in 30 years and it was so dreadful that I will never ever do it again), so I only ever go to the hairdresser once a year. I never have the money to go hardcore clothes or shoe shopping. So apart from my eyebrows, my nails are my vanity splurge!

It's kind of a double whammy for me. I used to get my nails done because I'm a biter. So my nails are not strong at all. So when I was doing keys at my work, I could never get the bloody keys off without breaking the small amount of nails that I did have or just failing at getting any keys off at all. Acrylic sorted all of my problems for me!!

Amanda has been doing my nails for years. At least 6 or 7 I think? And she's been doing my eyebrows for over 12! Mum and I stumbled across her one day at Fiona's in Clifford Gardens and have proceeded to follow her wherever she's gone since then.

She's a fabulous beautician and over the years we've become good friends. She did the makeup for my wedding, because I wasn't having anyone else do it. It was much to my disgust that I had to even wear makeup but I wasn't going to argue with my Mum about that....lol. So, if I had to wear makeup, I was having her do it, come Hell or high water!

I'm such a creature of habit and despise change so much that I even hate it when she goes away and I have to use those chinese ladies in Grand Central. Hate it. But I suppose I'll let her get away with a few camping trips a year with her family :-)

In truth, I look forward to my hour with my friend every 2 weeks. She has a lovely little family now and does some work from home. This is uber-convenient for me because I can go after work.

We laugh and chat and the time is over way too soon. And at the end of it my nails are acrylic strong and lovely again! Win!

So today, I'm grateful my lovely friend and amazing nail tech, Amanda. Mwah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment