Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 3 - Today I am grateful for....Mortein

Today I am grateful for....Mortein.

That's right. I'm grateful for bug killer because I killed the biggest spider in the history of the world this morning! And I'm not kidding.

I've never been a fan of spiders. In fact, you might say that I am mortally afraid of spiders and have always been. Arachnaphobia...I have that. Big, small, fat, hairy. I don't care. I hate them. There is nothing in the world more pleasing to me than a dead spider.

So this morning, I was outside pottering around and I spotted my two dogs, George & Lily playing with something. Much to my horror, upon investigation, they were playing with said "world's biggest spider".

I'm sure that I screamed. Or yelped a little bit. But prior to engaging the services of my friend, Mr Mortein, I took a photo to prove that this "thing" could in fact, eat me.


Spiders and I will never ever ever be friends. Not now. Not ever. I proceeded to spray the living daylights out of said spider. Yes, that's right. I'm going to hell for killing another living creature. I don't care. It needed to die.



And so it did. But not before I woke up my little housemate, Kathy to show her how brave I was. She's 18. I'm 30. She wasn't proud. I was. That spider was D.E.D.....DEAD!

So today, I am very grateful to the little man who invented Mortein. You are my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment