Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 16 - Today I am grateful for....Hot Showers

Today I am grateful for Hot Showers. A short one this morning :-)

Ahhhhhh......Hot Showers = Bliss. Enough said.

Waking up this morning, I remembered that today I am to attend my friend's funeral in Goondiwindi. I'm up early but have no real enthusiasm for the day....clearly.

My whole body is aching (per usual) and I'm wondering if I can actually drag myself out of bed?

I do and simultaneously jump into a lovely hot shower. Ahhhh....that's better.

When my muscles and body hurt in the morning, hot water usually helps to soothe any discomfort and stiffness. Got to love Fibromyalgia....

There's a lot to be said for hot showers. The soothing warmth on your skin. The feeling you get when your muscles unclench and start to calm. The lovely relaxing sound of the water running. The steam as it fills up the mirror and makes its way to the exhaust fan / window. The amazing clean feeling you get when you step out. Water restrictions aside, I believe that I would love to be able to stand under the water until I got pruny! Of course I don't, as I am aware we are in a drought but if I could (and my conscience let me), I certainly would....



Showers can be dangerous places too though, let's be honest. I actually gave myself concussion in Venice while holidaying there in 2009. I smashed my head on the marble half return of the shower wall and nearly knocked myself out. In hindsight, I laugh hysterically but at the time, it really hurt! Apparently you could have heard the bang from reception downstairs! A large bruise in the centre of my forehead, a sick feeling in my stomach and a massive headache later, I was stuck on the gondola's of Venice island.....a story for another time. But for those of you who know how much I hate water, the above story will make your sides hurt with laughter! Concussion and stuck on a boat....no no no.

Meanwhile for today's purposes, I ran the hot water out during said shower this morning....so thank God for gas HWS too! Or my little flatmate Kathy might be cross with me :-)

So I'm now feeling slightly more human again and I'm going to go and beautify and attempt to pretend I'm ready for this horrible day to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment