Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 4 - Today I am grateful for....Road Trips

Today I am grateful for....Road Trips.

This weekend, I took myself for a little drive and was fortunate enough to spend some time one of my oldest and dearest friends, Juanita & her Husband-To-Be, Stephen at the Gold Coast.

It was some time away from my daily life that I desperately needed.

It's funny how we kind of plod along in daily life, or I do at least, and forget that there is a world outside of mine. A life outside of Toowoomba. It was only a night away, and it's only 2 hours away but I may as well have boarded a rocket and flown to the moon. It's light years away from my life. And I really needed it.

Spending time with a girlfriend, getting to know the man she loves, in their beautiful home on the water....amazing.

I love Road Trips. I love the fact that I can step out of my life for a couple of days and I can step right back in after some rest and relaxation. The world does not go into lockdown if I'm not there. A fairly sobering thought but a good one nonetheless.

I was also fortunate enough to catch up with my friend Dave, whom I miss terribly since he moved away. That's the other thing I love about Road Trips. There is always someone on the other end, who is really really happy to see me.

I don't need an excuse. Any reason will do. I'm known to trek out to Theodore to see my Sister, to Armidale to visit Laurie and now as far South to Juanita & Dave. The pull of the heart, when you miss a friend or loved one has even seen me fly to the UK. It's friendship, it's love.

I'm one of those fortunate people who enjoy driving. I'm the designated driver in most cases but I also enjoy driving long distances. I'm in control of my vehicle and my life - I can go wherever I want to. So....I do.

So today, I'm grateful for Road Trips and the Happy Faces of the people at the other end of them :-)

1 comment:

  1. Ahoy my dear pal Leah.
    I am touched to have gotten a mention.
    It was a real joy to have you here ... and so I'm grateful for you and miss you dearly dearly dearly. Until soon, love these posts and love you always, Dave.

    ReplyDelete