Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 121 - Today I am grateful for....something that works!

I was hypnotised for the first time in my life today and I have come out of it feeling amazing....

I've been thinking about quitting smoking for a while now but when my Husband left, there didn't seem to be a reason anymore.

Gone was my hope of starting a family, so why not just keep on smoking? It certainly helped with stress and when I didn't feel like eating, I always felt like smoking.

I'm not even really sure how I started smoking? It just kind of happened one day. I certainly felt accepted by my peers and developed close friendships over the years.

But ultimately, it was time to quit. I simply cannot afford it anymore.

I wasn't a fan of patches. And I hated the gum. I had a really bad allergic reaction to Champix, when combined with other medication, so I was kind of all out of ideas. All I knew was that it was time.

I'd grown tired of hearing all of my friends tell me to quit. My Mum coughed every time I went near her - even if I hadn't had a ciggie, it lingered. My mouth always felt like the bottom of a budgie cage. My clothes smelt. My hair smelt. My skin looked like poo. I felt like poo. It was time.



And so I went on the search for a hypnotherapist in Toowoomba and I finally found one...quite innocently actually but it was obviously meant to be. It will have been an expensive exercise but well worth it in the long run. I've had some bloody fabulous times smoking and being around smokers but at the end of the day, it's really bad for me and I acknowledge that. I acknowledge that eventually I will die if I don't do something about it now. And so I made the call.

It doesn't mean that I can't be around smokers anymore, nor will I be judging a smoker. I refuse to be one of those reformed smokers that you just want to punch in the face. It's a person's choice at the end of the day and this is mine.

I was worried though. I didn't want to put on weight. I've come so far since my Husband left that I would rather smoke and keep my 20kg off than not and end up fatter than when he left. Whether that is the reason that he left or not, I'm sure it didn't help. So there was a 2nd reason for heading to a clinical hypnotherapist for help.

I'm not going to lie, I was apprehensive about it. It's been a long time since I've been a non-smoker. I'd also never been hypnotised. Was this man going to make me cluck like a chicken? I was genuinely worried.

I shouldn't have been.

I've come out feeling amazing. I remembered everything. It was basically a very intense relaxation therapy session. And now not only have I quit smoking but it feels like I've never smoked before! In real time it has been over a week and I feel great. I have no cravings at all. I haven't really been grumpy. And I have been trying very hard not to replace cigarettes with food.

But when the Hypnotherapist spoke to my Sub-Conscious Mind, I'm thankful that he did whatever he did because my life will be much much better now. How does that even work?

I don't know and I don't care.

I'm just.....Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment