Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 124 - Today I am grateful for....Memories you can wear

I wonder sometimes how people come up with things....

You know, there is a lot to be said for an idea, an inspiration, a single thought. Whomever came up with the idea of a charm bracelet really was an "ideas man". Furthermore, whomever modernised that notion deserves a medal. What a beautiful idea! To be able to actually wear a memory....


When my Mother bought me a Nominations bracelet a few years ago. I had absolutely no idea what it was but I loved it.

Each year on Christmas and my Birthday she would buy me a little tile to add to my collection.

When I travelled around the world two years ago, I realised that the Nominations brand was Italian and I was able to easily add to my bracelet until it was full. Nominations tiles are difficult to locate in Toowoomba....not so in Italy. I was spoilt for choice! I have a tile for each country I have visted, I have tiles signifying my love of animals and my birth sign. Each one means something important and special.


Not many people have ever heard of Nominations nor seen a bracelet like mine and that's why I love it so much. Each little tile holds a cherished memory.

In my 30th year last year, given that my Nominations bracelet was full, I suggested a new idea to my Mum....the Pandora bracelet.


With my 30th & 31st Birthdays combined plus a charm at Christmas time, my Pandora bracelet is now full too! Each charm is from someone different and each one represents a piece of their heart that I carry with my heart.

Every second person has a Pandora but not everyone has a Nominations and not many people have both! I'm a lucky girl :-)

I just love it. I love memories that I can wear. I love being able to look at my bracelets and know exactly who gave me what and when. I can wear cherished memories with me everyday.

So to all the people whose memories I wear, I love you x
Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment