Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 134 - Today I am grateful for....the epic fail of dinner

OMG - I had a serious shocker today.

Let it be said that I by no means classify myself as an exceptional cook but I can cook.

But potentially I should not talk and cook at the same time or else things can take a serious turn for the worse....

I had big plans for dinner tonight.

I'd had a good day. Picked up groceries at lunch. Nice short line at the grocery store.

Not too bad of a day and then home to cook a lovely meal for my friend.

I thought I would make Chicken & Mushroom Voluvents. Fairly simple yes? No.



Things started off fine. I cooked up the chicken and the onion and it was smelling devine.....

Then Vic arrived. And we started to talk......

It was here that the wheels fell off in spectacular style.

Chatting away, I was not paying attention to what I was doing and proceeded to put two CUPS of flour into the mixture instead of two tablespoons. Bugger.

A whole litre of milk later and I really hadn't achieved anything apart from a gluggy floury mess. We kind of rescued it but it wasn't great.

I then burnt the ass out of the saucepan boiling the potatoes. I've lost count of the hundreds of times that I have successfully cooked mashed potato. All without incident. Not today.

WTF.

So I gave up.

But the epic fail that I had tonight, means that I get a chance to redeem myself and cook for my friends again next week. Grateful.

I am grateful for their patience and their good grace for telling me that what was left of the failure tasted nice. They lied :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment