Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 137 - Today I am grateful for....something to look forward to!

I've been fumbling around wondering what the hell I want to do this year.

And it dawned on me.

Apart from the goals I've set for myself, I want to take a break and have a rest somewhere beautiful.

I've been to every corner of the world and in each country, I've had to battle language barriers and transport issues. Whilst I love travelling, this time I wanted to go somewhere and just....be.

I've lost some weight and so I'm not totally disgusted in the sight of myself, so I was thinking maybe tropical.

I wanted to go somewhere where I could be lazy, lie on the beach, drink cocktails and read all day......ding! How about Thailand?



Now, my Mother has always said that I was too dumb to go to Thailand. She said that I would be gullible enough that if a stranger asked me to hold something for them, I would, it would be drugs, I'd be thrown in a Thai jail and she would never see me again. Not that she's prone to exaggeration.....

I don't want to worry though. I want to feel safe. And so I'm going to contact my Travel Agent and make my way to that beautiful place.

I'm going to save my money and go.

I want to lie on the beach, drink cocktails, ride elephants, swim in the blue water, visit mystic temples and shop until I drop. I want the option to do everything or nothing, depending on the day.

And so I'm grateful for having something to look forward to.

Grateful :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment