Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 64 - Today I am grateful for....a lightbulb moment! Ding!

I went over to visit my friend Tiff tonight.

It was lovely having a coffee and a chat.

The TV was on quietly in the background and absentmindedly we both happened to glance over and observe an ad for The Ab Circle Pro.....



The Ab Circle Pro is this magic machine that combines situps and cardio somehow, in this awesome work out that takes only 3 minutes a day. Within 2 weeks, it said that I would definately look like the beautiful lady with the rock hard abs in the advertisement. That sounds perfect to me!

Now, I may have purchased said magic machine over 12 months ago and it has sat exactly where I assembled it (with assistance) unused....

We got talking about it and I started ranting about how useless it was for my stupid malfuncitoning body and how it was just sitting in my sunroom doing nothing.

Leah: You want it? It's the most useless machine in the world. I hate it. It's no good for my stupid knees.

Tiff: Sure. Can I try it for like 7 days and see if I like it first?

Leah: Sure.

Tiff: Great. Thanks!

Leah: Hang on...(looking at advertisement) that looks way lower than what I've got my setting on! Ding! OMG. No wonder I haven't been able to use the bloody thing! Sorry Tiff, let me see if I've been using it wrong this whole time....

I'd tried to use it, I really had, but my "dicky" knees dislocate in the knee pads and / or I have an accident on it like I did on Tuesday night and manage to pull a stomach and leg muscle when I fell off! And yes, I really did fall off....

I hated the stupid thing. And I really was going to sell it. Not one of my wisest purchases, I thought.

That was until tonight when I realised (while watching the ad and then investigating upon my arrival home) that I've actually had the machine on the highest possible height level and this is why I've been struggling so much - LIGHTBULB! Ding!



What a loser. All of this time, I've not used it, or used it sparingly because I invariably injured myself, all the while blaming my stupid body for not co-operating when it had nothing to do with it! It was just me being special needs. Hilarious.

So tomorrow, it's on. I am all over that machine like white on rice, and we are going to be great friends, I can feel it.

And sorry Tiff, you can't have it for now, because I'm going to look as hot as that woman on the TV!

But for today, I'm very grateful for my little lightbulb moment. I believe it has sorted quite a few problems out for me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment