Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 77 - Today I am grateful for....clean gutters!

I sent out a shout out at work the other day for some assistance at home....namely cleaning out my gutters.

All I needed was a ladder and a hedge trimmer. The ladder for me to climb up and clean out my very blocked gutters and a hedge trimmer to trim up the rapidly expanding Wisteria in my back yard. Once upon a time I had both.....Divorce = Bloody Inconvenient (when stuff needs doing around the house & you have no tools).

I received a very warm response. So many people emailed back offering me help!

I'm by no means a girly girl. Nor am I a helpless single woman. No, I don't have a man in my house. But I am more than capable of fixing things myself. 9 times out of 10 I don't even need a man's assistance!

But out of all of the responses that I received, almost all of them said they would actually just come and clean my gutters for me! Cute!

I had planned to clean the gutters myself, all I needed was a ladder.....

My 70 year old Father offered but there was no way I was letting him get up on a ladder to do it. Turns out he had planned to do it last Monday (WTF - so glad he didn't). Grateful.

My friend Sammy, who I am currently sharing an office with whilst we sort out the disaster recovery stuff, happily volunteered her partner, Annie to do the job. I protested heartily but in the end the pair of them won out and Annie swiftly and capably cleaned out my gutters yesterday before the little mini storm we had.



So currently, I have clean gutters and fingers crossed a roof that won't leak for a little while ;-)

Huge thanks to Annie & Sammy for being such great friends and sorting it all out for me. And thanks to everyone else who also offered assistance. Love Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment