Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 86 - Today I am grateful for....catch up coffees!

My friend Neil & I catch up whenever we can.



He lives in Allora but is always in and out of Toowoomba for work.

We've been friends for over a year and we met when he came to work his "magic" on George in December 2009. I have long referred to him as "The Dog Whisperer" but we have remained friends since then.

We try to catch up at least once every few weeks, although he's much better at it than I am. I don't know how he does it really! With a farm, 2 kids, a business to run plus a girlfriend who lives 200km away! Amazing stuff. But he always has time for me. If I were to need anything, I know I could absolutely call on him and he would be there.

He stops in for a coffee and we have a little chat. It's really nice to have such a special friend in my life.

We've been through a fair bit together. In fact, the first day I met him, happened to be just after my Ex-Husband had left. Said Ex-Husband came over to the house while Neil was there fixing George, screamed at me how much he despised me and then left again. Suffice to say, I was a blubbering mess for quite a while after. Some awkward first few moments with a new friend.....I didn't know what to say or do. I just stood there and I cried. And Neil hugged me. I'd known him for maybe half an hour.

I'd never experienced that kind of instant friendship and acceptance before in my life. I'd given it but I'd never recieved it. And so began our friendship. I guess God decided I needed someone right then, and there he was. Many times we've been there for each other in some form or another since then. And we always have a laugh over a cup of coffee or a movie and noodles.

Neil really is an amazing guy. He has some 13 years of life experience on me but has been through very similar to me. He is funny and sweet and thoughtful; a really casual soul and I'm so blessed for his friendship in my life.

I'm also uber-thankful that his lovely girlfriend doesn't mind sharing him with me for catch up coffees occasionally :-)

It doesn't seem to matter the time or the distance, nothing changes between visits. We laugh and talk and share stories. There is no judgement, just the love of a friend.

And so today, I am grateful for the random text message from my wonderful friend and subsequent catch up coffee.

Love love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment