Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 59 - Today I am grateful for....Surprise Dinner Invitations

So I was lying in bed this morning / afternoon, when my phone rang.

Not unusual.

It was Sammi aka Sparkles. "Would I like to come for dinner tonight with her & Kara?" Well, yes I would!

What a treat.

Given that it was 1pm in the afternoon and I was still in bed, this evening wasn't looking terribly thrilling. In fact, it was likely to consist of noodles in a bowl, in front of the TV with my kids.

What a lovely surprise! I was excited.
 

I work with Sammi & Kara and we've been close for many months now. They are two (of the many) friendships that I've formed this year that I'm uber-grateful for.

I'd like to claim that I got the two of them together, but that would ultimately be a lie. I guess fate did that all on its own....ha ha

A little dynamic duo, they are two of the coolest kids, this side of Harlo :-)

Both obsessive animal lovers like me, there's no real question as to why we're friends. We laugh all the time and have the best fun.

So today, I'm grateful for both of them and for the surprise dinner invitation tonight, which made an otherwise boring Saturday night, fabulous! Thanks darlings xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment