Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 79 - Today I am grateful for....Heartfelt Thanks!

On Friday last week, my colleagues and I were spoilt rotten with some genuine heartfelt thanks, that came in the form of my close friend Ronnie and her amazing cooking ability!

During the recent natural disaster that hit Toowoomba, Ronnie and her Son, Riley lost everything.

She was devastated and I was devastated for her.

She received no support from her Real Estate agent and was effectively forced from her home with nothing and nowhere to go.

So when she came to me for help, I did my very best. She doesn't rent through our office, but at the end of the day, I love her and so I did what I could to give her the very best advice that I could.

We spoke every day during that first week. Often several times a day. She was very calm and clear. Not at all like me. I would have probably been hysterical going through what she did. She would ring to clarify advice that she had received or query parts of the legislation. And even if it wasn't me she spoke to, everyone she spoke to in our office was willing to offer assistance. That's just how we roll at RE/MAX Success :)

Ronnie is one of those spectacularly positive people and it's one of my favourite things about her. Nothing ever seems to get her down. I find it fascinating. I'm sure that she does have down days but it's not often. And when life does get the better of her, in a little while, she's back better than ever.

She is beautiful and smart and funny. And very quick to give me a kick up the bum if I need one! One of my tough love friends, she's seen me cry and made me laugh. She's hugged me when I'm fragile and high fived me when she's proud of me. She is always so thoughtful and soooooooooooo strong. No matter the adversity or what is going on in her own life, she always manages to keep a smile on her face and help someone else out. I envy her positivity and I love spending time with her, not only because she's fabulous to be around but because I hope that by osmosis, I will be able to learn and develop that happy-go-lucky positive attitude and hone it and perfect it the way she has.

As it turns out, what I had thought was not particularly helpful, turned out to be a big help for her and so she & Riley brought this in to our work to show their appreciation.


Our very own gingerbread RE/MAX House!

What a lovely gesture.

I can only imagine the time it would have taken to create such a thing. Given that I am completely clueless when it comes to food art, I thought this was fabulous! And sooooooooooooooooooooo yummy. And so did everyone else.

She's such an amazing girl. Not only did she find the time to do this for us, but she has also been volunteering for Lifeline and various other communitee fundraising efforts, rallying against horrendous internet FB sites, arranging community selling sites and her very own Queen of Dehoarding page, plus getting Riley ready for school, finding somewhere to live, and starting a new job! If only we could clone her....

Just when you think life has gone to sh*t, someone does something so lovely that you are so humbled and grateful for them that your heart sings.

And so today, I am grateful for Ronnie, our friendship and the light that she brought to us after some dark dark days, with a simple.....thankyou.

So thankyou my darling friend. I love you xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment