Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 87 - Today I am grateful for....lawn mower fuel!

So I had a bit of a shocker today.....



I was running low on fuel but I had an errand to run directly after work, so I thought I would do it after.

Whilst dropping off keys, I left my car running while I was parked in the driveway chatting and the unthinkable happened.....I ran out of fuel and the car kind of stopped running. He didn't notice. I did.

OMG.

The mortification of running out of fuel in the driveway of a virtual stranger. **cringe**

I didn't really let on and kept chatting. We said our goodbyes and I attempted to pull out of his very steep driveway.

I was praying that I had enough fuel to get me to a fuel station. Epic Fail.

I didn't even have enough fuel to pull out of the driveway onto the sidewalk.

It stopped midway on the road.

I quickly turned on my hazzard lights and ran back up the driveway, with the arse of my car on the road blocking traffic.

The gentleman engaged the assistance of his two Sons to get my car off the road and then proceeded to offer me fuel from his lawnmower to get me to the fuel station!

I am so clueless I didn't even know you could do that!

I am so grateful for the kindness offered to me this afternoon from this family and for the tiny amount of lawn mower fuel that got me to the fuel station.

I have vowed and declared NEVER to put myself into a position to ever experience this kind of embarrassment again.

Grateful for the kindness of virtual strangers :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment