Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 78 - Today I am grateful for....hindsight

I've never been grateful for hindsight before.

In fact, it's bloody inconvenient.



We all know that horrible feeling that you get where you wished you knew what you know now; even though you actually did know it; before you made whatever stupid decision it was that you made. *cringe*

The regret that fills your heart when life starts passing you by and you wish you'd taken a chance that you....well, you just didn't take, for whatever reason.

20/20 hindsight. Clear as a bell. These past 12 months I've just been making some of the worst life decisions known to man.

Unfortunately, all the wishing in the world doesn't make those decisions (or lack thereof) go away. And so I must change me because unfortunately I cannot change the past, much as I wish I could.

Whilst some of the decisions have been very poor, I'm grateful for the hindsight because it has allowed me to acknowledge & take responsibility and subsequently allowed for me to seek assistance, to figure out what's going on with me and make better choices in the future.

I'm hopeful that with the help & guidance I will receive, potentially my foresight will kick in before I make another collosal f*ck up and have to rely on my hindsight to give me a slap afterwards. Or maybe I will take a chance on something that I've been too afraid to take a chance on....who knows what is in store for me?

Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment