Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 30 - Today I am grateful for....Wedding Planning

I love weddings!

I'm not going to lie. I never actually thought I'd ever say that again but it's true.

Although mildly disappointed that I'm not planning my own wedding, I'm sure that one day down the track, God has that plan in store for me. But until then, I'm grateful to have been including in the planning of my girlfriends.

It is my honour and priviledge to have been asked to be bridesmaid four times next year.

Firstly, in January, I am bridesmaid for my beautiful friend, Juanita. She is marrying her soulmate in January at the Gold Coast and I'm so thrilled for her. Juanita & I have been friends since we were 13 years old. She is one of my oldest and treasured friends. We've been through everything together. She is amazingly beautiful, sweet, kind, funny and intelligent. Strong willed and fiercely independent, and after travelling and living away for years, I love that she is back home in Australia and safe. Though we can't see each other every day, she's only down the road and we catch up as much as we can. At the end of the day, she's closer than Dubai and I no longer have to worry that she's OK every day because I know she is in wonderful hands with her lovely Stephen. I love that she's found her life partner. It's really special to watch them together and how much he adores her. I could not wish for a better partner for my friend and I'm so excited to stand next to them as they promise their lives to each other.



Secondly, in October, I am bridesmaid for my friend Megan. Megan is marrying my Bradley. When I say my Bradley, I refer to him like that because he is simply my best guy friend. Megan and I have grown close since they have started dating and she's a really lovely, sweet girl. Not only beautiful, but she is the love of Bradley's life and to see him so happy and in love, makes me happy. She too is a kind, sweet and funny girl. Strong and independent, she has become like a Sister to me. I love that he adores her and that she adores him. I would happily have worn a suit to stand beside him but I'm honoured that Megan has asked me to stand beside her as a representative of both. I couldn't be happier for them if I tried.



Thirdly, also in October, I am bridesmaid for my gorgeous friend, Karissa. Karissa is marrying her Ryan after many years together. Karissa and I have been friends for about 4 years. We work together and play together. She's a really special girl and I'm chuffed to have been asked to be her Maid of Honour. We've shared so much together over the years and she's one of my tough love friends. I am her Dr Phil, she gives me a reason to smile each day. She is beautiful, loving, giving and funny as Hell but gives me a good kick up the bum if I need it. Ryan is a lovely man and also a close friend. I love that they are comfortable with each other and complete each other. A perfect match. Again, I'm so excited for them.



Fourthly, and lastly, I am bridesmaid for my Vicki. Vicki & I have also been friends since we were 13. The other one of my oldest and dearest friends. Juanita, Vicki & I have been the three muskateers since as long as I can remember. She is marrying the love of her life in November. Vicki is an amazing girl. She's been there beside me through everything. She is beautiful, intelligent and strong willed. I am forever seeking her advice on various stupid crisises that I'm having at the time. She too is a tough love friend but kind and delicate about it at the same time. She and Nathan have been together for a hundred years. I'm thrilled that we are planning her wedding together. I love watching them together - they are like the uber-power couple. They are another perfect match and I'm proud to be standing beside her on the day she says I do.



Tonight culminated two of the four brides (Megan & Karissa) having a pow-wow wedding planning evening. I managed to juggle both. We talked about dresses and cakes and invitations and flowers and suits and rings and hens nights and cars and wedding stuff.

And next week I'm off to the coast for more wedding planning with Juanita.

It's so special for me to see my cherished friends so happy and in love. As each wedding draws closer, it will become even more exciting. There will be stress and madness but also happiness and excitement.

I wish I had enough time to explain individually the special things each of these girls bring to my life. The laughter and good times. The shared pain and the shoulders to cry on. The swift kicks up the bum and the sound advice when needed. I know that without a shadow of a doubt, I could call on any or all of these girls, day or night and they would be there for me. No matter what I needed. They are shining lights in my life.

I can't wait for the days when I see each of my beautiful girls walk down those aisles towards their soul mates. What a treat to have been invited to share their special days!

To each of you.....my very sincere and utmost thankyou. I am grateful for each and every one of you in my life. Thankyou for your friendship. Thankyou for including me in your special days. Thankyou for loving me as a friend and Sister that much. I'm honoured and thrilled for each of you and I love you very much xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment