Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 53 - Today I am grateful for....NOT having a Credit Card

I'm not going to lie. I'm pretty hopeless with money. Hence, I don't have a credit card.



Well, even when I did the stupid thing was maxed out anyway but when it comes to Boxing Day sales, it would have been nice to be able to go for a sticky at least.

But I stayed home for most of the day instead.

This afternoon, I went for a little tour of Toowoomba with Mum and my Aunty Julie (who wants to move here) and then we went to Grand Central for lunch. Surprisingly, it wasn't nearly as feral as I'd imagined. In fact, it was quieter than a normal Saturday. No pushy people flying past desperate for a bargain. No tired or stressed out shop owners. And really, not too many people walking around with armfuls of purchases.

Let's be honest though, do you really save that much at the Boxing Day sales? I don't really know. I doubt it.

I don't know that I could have really coped with the people today though so I'm pretty glad we didn't go early.

I picked up a couple of things but what I really want and need is a new computer. That isn't looking particularly likely unfortunately for me.

If I had a credit card, I think I could have made a real mess for myself though, which I probably would have regretted for many months to come. It's hard enough trying to keep my head above water without paying for things that I don't reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly need.

So to keep it short and sweet today, I'm grateful that I don't have a credit card and can't make things harder for myself than necessary. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment