Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 36 - Today I am grateful for....Pay Day

I've never been so grateful for pay day as I have been in recent weeks.

Things have been pretty tough, I'm not going to lie.

I know I'm not alone and certainly not the only person in the world doing it tough right now, but in my world, it's hard work, especially when you are on your own.



When my Husband left, I was left with almost nothing. I was living in our home but I struggled on my own. Dealing with the pain and trying to sort out financial stuff - it was hard. During the period of time previously, I had been extremely spoilt in my lifestyle, due the generosity of his parents. We didn't have the burden of a mortgage or car loans. Just the day to day bills which are much easier to handle when you have two incomes in your household. When he left though, I realised very quickly that money isn't everything and it certainly doesn't buy happiness. In my opinion, it ultimately makes people greedy and vicious.

So I went out and I got a loan, as I was determined not to lose my house, when I had done nothing wrong. As part of our settlement, I bought my Ex-Husband out of our home. I'm happy here, my animals are happy here, it's quiet and frankly, I didn't want to move. I was approved, thanks to my employers and am now a proper home owner. But it's still hard work on your own. Paying a mortgage with one income isn't easy. I manage and have survived, although sometimes I have no idea how?

I've ended up with a flatmate which is fine. She's a doll and really easy to live with. And she's rarely home which is a bit of a win for me. Not that I don't enjoy having her around but sometimes I do miss my own space. Some extra money is helpful and hopefully with some time, I might actually be able to save some of it!

But you know what? I'm bloody proud of the things that I've achieved in the last 12 months. Yes I'm in debt again but I own my own home. I've renovated it and I own everything in it. It's completely mine and I love it.

I'm also extremely fortunate to have a job and be gainfully employed. I've been with RE/MAX Success for nearly 8 years and as I've mentioned previously, they've been wonderful to me. And at the end of the day, they still want me to work for them - win! They've been extremely patient with me, and have let me work full time, part time and back to full time. They were extremely supportive when my Husband left, and have always been the same way. I've literally grown up there. Every saga, every crisis, every tear. There are always fun times and have been a few tough ones, but it all works out in the wash. I have somewhere to go every day and I love my job. I'm proud to be in the work force, and not sitting at home twiddling my thumbs. I tried that for a few weeks....I nearly lost my mind.

So, the fact that I struggle is far outweighed by the good things about my situation. One day I will enjoy two incomes in my household again. One day....

But for today, I'm grateful for pay day and the things I can sort out with the hard earned money that I make :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment