Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 31 - Today I am grateful for....having nothing to do!

Today was the first day in a really long time that I had absolutely nothing to do.

No one to meet. No shopping to do. Nothing major to clean. No work to do. No parties. No commitments of any kind.

So I did just that.

Nothing.

It was awesome.



I had a little bit of a sleep in this morning, did some cleaning and then for the rest of the day I sat on my bum and watched movies and wrapped christmas presents.

Toowoomba has really been putting on some amazing "summer" weather for us all the past few weeks, and it has now been raining for days. So apart from the fact that I actually had nothing to do, I probably wouldn't have done anything, even if I did!

I love having nothing to do and there is a lot to be said for it.. I don't have to be anywhere. I don't have to do anything. I don't have to please anyone. I don't have to talk to anyone. I don't have to see anyone. I don't have to spend any money. I can dress in my leggings and a jumper and snuggle up on the couch and watch movies all day long, which is what I did.

Work and life have been pretty stressful the past few weeks. My body is hurting and so is my head. I need some me time to relax and recouperate.

I'm starting to really enjoy being on my own lately. Not that I don't love people around but it's nice to not have to talk to anyone. I don't have to be social or polite. I don't have to hold a conversation or behave myself. I literally don't have to do anything.

So today, I'm easily pleased. I choose to believe that Edward Cullen is NOT a fictional character and one day he WILL love me. And if that's not the case, and my Twilight marathon today is in fact, in vain, I choose to believe that one day a man similar to him (minus the dead vampire part) will love me like that.

I'm going to live in my little fantasy world just for today.

I've kicked my feet up and just enjoyed being with me.

And today, I'm really really grateful for this time alone and having nothing to do.

Hello me! It's nice to spend some quality time with you :-)

1 comment:

  1. So say David:

    Yes, hello Leah! It's nice to spend time with you !! :)

    ReplyDelete