Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 40 - Today I am grateful for....Christmas Cheer

I just love Christmas.

There's something about it that just makes me happy inside.

People are happy and friendly. I love setting up my Christmas tree. I love tinsel. I love mistletoe. I love Christmas carols. I love wrapping presents. I love watching people's faces when they open them. I love Christmas food. I love time spent with family and friends. I just love Christmas.




Christmas has always been a really special time in my family. Each year, Mum & Dad and I used to go and choose a special Christmas decoration to hang on our tree. It's a tradition that we have that started when I was born. Although our tree eventually got to small for it, so I've decided to let my Mother know that I'm inheriting the decorations next year and they will be hung on my mammoth Christmas tree and I will continue the tradition for the rest of my life.

My Mum always cooks amazing food at Christmas time and I always go home feeling like I'm going to explode. My Brother, his wife and usually My Aunty Julie join us. This year it will be even more special because my Brother's brand new baby twin girls will be joining us! We've haven't had short people at our Christmas for many years. It will put a whole new spin on things I believe.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year.

Let's face it, last year was a non-event. Christmas didn't exist in my world. I didn't even set up my tree. I've never had such a miserable time in my life ever. And for me, that's saying a lot. I'm the biggest Christmas freak known to man. I'm even known to play Christmas carols in my car. I'm a big fan of Bing Crosby, I'm not going to lie.....

I've only done half of the Christmas shopping that I need to though, which is a bit scary. I guess I'll get there but I'm a little bit stressed. I'm looking forward to a few days off and some time with friends and family.

So Christmas 2010 had better not let me down!

So here's to Christmas Cheer and a happy festive season to everyone I know and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment