Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 35 - Today I am grateful for....A Handsome Lunch Date

I had lunch with one of my best friends, Brendan today.

Brendan and I have been friends for years. We work together and play together. He's a kindred spirit and I just love him to bits.



We have lunch usually once a week at least and it's almost become a little ritual, but one of the spur-of-the-moment kinds. It's never planned, always random but it's usually once a week.

He is handsome and kind and funny and a really genuine Aussie bloke. He's my "plus" one and our friend Ellen always jokes with both of us that she wants to be a Bridesmaid at our wedding :-)

Brendan a sales agent with RE/MAX Success and in my opinion, is one of the best in the business. He's honest and trustworthy and it's hard to come by agents like that in my world. Lucky for us - all of the good agents are in our office!

We have been much closer this year than ever before and I have leant on him exponentially during some really dark days. Both unlucky in love, we often commiserate together but mostly we laugh. A lot. He knows immediately if there is something going on with me and I with him.

More often than not, we are so in sync, that he'll just pop up out of nowhere and we'll have lunch or dinner or drinks. Apart from the fact we work in the same office and see each other every day, we were friends before that.

It was Brendan who was our tour guide in New York and we just had the best time. He showed us all the secret good stuff, because he used to live there and the not-so-secret good stuff, just because he knew we wanted to. We took in a Yankees game at Yankee Stadium, caught a Helicopter ride over New York City, sat in awe in Times Square, wandered through Central Park, had amazing fun on a Sex in the City Tour and enjoyed the Lion King on Broadway, just to name a few of the awesome things we did. In fact, if I had my time over, and I'm confident that I speak for him as well, we should have left my Ex-Husband at home - I'm sure we would have had an even better time :-)

Brendan is so casual and laidback about life. Nothing ever seems to ruffle his feathers and it is him that I go to when I need some calm. He's always happy and joking and laughing. Jim Beam in hand, there are always good times to be had.



He's a people person like me though, so there are always people everywhere around him. Whether we are enjoying a Sunday Session in his Spa, or some drinks at Fibbers or dinner at my house, there is always laughter and fun.

I treasure my time with him because it's so easy. We know each other inside and out and it's wonderful to have a friendship like that. He's right beside me, good or bad. It's not often in life that you stumble across a friend like that, but I have and I'll never let him go. Love you B x

No comments:

Post a Comment