Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 54 - Today I am grateful for....a second thought

For the last 2 days I've been obsessing over buying a new computer.

The one I have is leased, and it is literally the most useless arrangement that I've ever willingly entered myself into.

What kind of imbecile knowingly signs a contract for $100 a month, for four years for a laptop worth $2000, at which time at the end of it, I will not own outright? Me. What a complete loser.



Meanwhile, not only have I entered into the worst contract in the world, but I managed to purchase / lease the worst computer in the world. I've replaced the ram and the motherboard myself in the last 12 months. And now the sound isn't working at all and every so often, it just won't let me type anymore. I then have to turn the stupid thing on and off a thousand times before it works again. I just don't know what I was thinking.

The new computer I want is a touchscreen desktop and comes with a bonus camera. Which would be awesome! I'm wanting to study photography this year and the bonus camera is a digital SLR. All systems point to go but on second thoughts, I just cannot afford it.

If and when my housemate moves out in a few weeks, I'll be on my own again and struggling to survive. Can I really justify an extra $120 a month which I don't have for something, that I really don't need? Probably not.

Oh it would be so lovely though. A computer that actually works. What a treat!

But for now, I need to trust my instincts and use my brain, instead of following my heart, which we all know I'm want to do, so that I don't make a poor judgement.....again. I cannot afford a new computer and so I'm not going to stress myself out by putting myself into financial hardship again. Not this time.

So today, I'm grateful for second thoughts. Nature's way of protecting against a poor decision, even when you don't want it to be so.....

1 comment:

  1. listening to your self is one of the most valuable tools you can learn, and one you will use for the rest of your life, provided one keeps the chanels open.
    we did one of those silly flexi-rent(what the...?)and couldn't wait for it to be over. something bigger and better will come along by the time you are able to pruchase one. live and learn. :)

    ReplyDelete