Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 38 - Today I am grateful for....Work Christmas Parties

Saturday night marked the inaugural RE/MAX Success Christmas Party.

A night sure to be filled with laughter, fun and Christmas cheer! It didn't let us down.



As a supporter of Camp Quality, we held a Charity Auction in which we raised over $4000. So many local businesses donated merchandise and even people from work (including me) offered services including car detailing, taxi services and massages. Perhaps there is something to be said for alcohol mixed with bargains.....



I love that work parties always bring out a different side to people. The fun side. Everyone is relaxed and having fun. With around 80 people joining in the merriment, it's the one night of the year where we get the chance to let our hair down....together.

I didn't drink too much, mainly because it just isn't worth it to me in the morning. Plus I took one for the team and offered to work today. I don't mind working the day after our Christmas party. I'm not a huge drinker, so it doesn't really bother me. I partook in the festivities but was home by midnight.

It's always a treat getting to know people on a personal level, outside of work hours. Management arranged for us each to supply a baby photo of ourselves plus 5 things no one would know about us. Sometimes we have a Christmas Book which detail the antics of the year gone by. Last year we received trophies for funny things. In  years passed, we have googled what our perfect jobs would be in life, based on our names. Mine was the rear end of a pantomime cow. Awesome.

I always have a great time and it's lovely to spend time with work mates in a happy atmosphere. There is no pressure, no deadlines, no unhappy Landlords or Tenants. Just fun times. It was my 8th RE/MAX Christmas Party and I just love it! The only downside was the mild annoyance of attending yet another function....alone. But really, when the people that you work with are as awesome as the ones I do, there's no need to feel alone :-)

So today I'm grateful for my work Christmas Party, the amazing people that I work with and the fact that I don't have a hangover this morning....win!

No comments:

Post a Comment