Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 50 - Today I am grateful for....not having to go to the shops again!

I've finished my Christmas shopping. On Tuesday night in fact.

I'm not sure what it is about holidays, but people seem to panic whenever there is a day where the shops actually close. I really don't understand it? People, the shops will open again.



But honestly, Grand Central at Christmas is just about as big of a nightmare as one could imagine.

It's hard to get a car park, there are millions of people everywhere, you can never find what you're looking for, kids are on school holidays, people are grumpy and then there are the carollers....oh dear.

I love Christmas Carols, don't get me wrong, but they are best sung in tune, let's be honest.

So I'm pretty glad that I was semi organised this year. I was able to do my Christmas shopping easily and grocery shopping this week without incident.

My Boss, Katie told me yesterday that she hadn't started her Christmas shopping and she had like 100 people to buy for. So the plan was to go tonight until midnight and if that failed, they were off to Brisbane where it is open 24 hours. OMG. I think I would rather chop off my own arm, than face shopping in Brisbane after midnight.....kudos to them but I just couldn't do it.

So today, I'm uber-grateful that I don't have to go anywhere near the shops again until next week when my kids are hungry.....ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment